Ten Things I Believe...

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's SPRING my friends!!! Oh it IS Spring!!

Of course, I guess the official first day of spring was March 21st...but the weather wasn't exactly in agreement with that.  It is now!  It's beautiful outside!  And just in time for EASTER this weekend!

Okay, so I absolutely LOVE Easter!  I'm pretty sure it's my favorite holiday.  Not only is it in the spring, and I adore all of the pastel colors associated with it {I mean, come on...you're talking to a total girl's girl here!}...but it's such an important day. It's the day we celebrate the resurrection of Christ, who died and came back to life so that WE could have life. REAL LIFE!

And it's an opportunity to reflect and remember that the only reason I am here...the only reason I am who I am...is by His grace.  Through His sacrifice and salvation I can have abundant life! And I think that's pretty amazing!

Having said that, since I'm still fairly new to the "blogosphere" and helping my viewers get to know me, I thought I'd write about things that I believe. And what better time to do that than during HOLY WEEK!!!

NOTE: These are not just my "religious" or "spiritual" beliefs...although they are included here too. This is my heart, and the things that are most prominent inside of it.

Ten Things I Believe...

{1}  "I believe in God the Father, almighty maker of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ His only begotten son." ~ from The Believer's Creed

{2}  I believe that mental health issues are as REAL as any physical illness, and cannot be "wished away" or "talked out of."  You can read all about my stance on this by clicking HERE!!

{3}  I believe in being a LADY...in holding onto standards set by generations before mine, or even centuries before mine! I aspire to be the perfect mix of Jane Austen, Audrey Hepburn, Kate Middleton, and a Disney Princess! Ha! No, but really, it's true! And it's obtainable! I'm constantly inspired by all of those lovely ladies {including princesses} every day!

{4}  Speaking of Disney Princesses...I believe that you NEVER get too old for Disney! ;))

{5}  I believe in transparency!  No matter how "messy" it is, do not be ashamed of your story! It could inspire or encourage someone else.

{6}  I believe in loving people the way God loves...without conditions.  No matter who you are.

{7}  I believe in what Eleanor Roosevelt said: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Another wonderful role model from our history.

{8}  I believe that the most important thing is, first what God thinks of me, and secondly, what I think of myself.  And that "philosophy" has really saved me.  It is the most freeing feeling to not be so consumed with what everyone else thinks!

{9}  I believe in drinking coffee...every. single. day.  

{10}  AND FINALLY...I believe in HOPE! And I believe that no person or circumstance is EVER beyond HOPE! 


And now I leave you with this quote {which pretty much sums is ALL up for me} from one of my biggest inspirations, the lovely Audrey Hepburn...

"I believe in PINK.
I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.
I believe happiest girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe tomorrow is another day.
And I believe in MIRACLES."


No comments :

Post a Comment