Fresh start...it's time...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I like to think of myself as a goal oriented person.  I definitely enjoy setting goals...but mood disorder makes it difficult to actually accomplish them. On my "down days" I have a very difficult time finding the motivation and energy to keep up with whatever goals I have set. 
I've learned to not get discouraged with myself when I don't accomplish what I hope I can. If I expect too much of myself, it's easy for me to come crashing down when I don't meet my own expectations.

But I think I finally figured out the problem...

I always forget that there are goals I can set for RIGHT NOW that can help me get to where I want to be, whether it be in the near or distant future.

Those goals start now...
AND HERE THEY ARE...

{1} Develop better sleeping and waking habits.
As well as figure out what that looks like.  This is going to be very much a "trial and error" goal.  Not only has it always been difficult for me to get to sleep at a decent hour, but waking up every morning is so, so hard. I have to set my alarm for at least an hour before I actually have to get up, and then I hit snooze, like, ten times. I don't wanna do that anymore. I want to figure out what is a good amount of sleep for me, and make it work. Plus, I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said: "Early to bed and early to rise makes one healthy, wealthy, and wise."

{2} Stick to my new eating plan that I absolutely LOVE!
I've always had the worst relationship with food. I just started getting into the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan, and it is AMAZING! Even though I'm not a mom, this eating plan is for everyone and anyone! When I do manage to stick to the plan, I feel great...so I want to be able to stick to it full time. I think between that and having better sleeping habits, I'll feel well and motivated enough to get to the rest of these...

{3} Write SOMETHING every single day.
Because I love writing so much, and I need to be less afraid of not being perfect at it. "The expert in anything was once a beginner." {not sure who said that one though}

{4} Stretch daily to help get those extensions for ballet.
I have plenty of ballet related goals. Stretching every day will help me reach ALL of them.

{5} Keep my life organized.
And thank you Pinterest for your assistance in that department.

{6} READ MORE!
I have an entire list of books I want to read...and a 2015 reading challenge I want to get through. It's already mid-April and I haven't even finished one book! 
Kind of a side goal to add on here: Find a spot to read that I really like. I can't read in my room. I can't focus there...too many distractions.

{7} Dive deeper into God's Word on a regular basis.
Because I can't do anything else apart from God.



No comments :

Post a Comment