A Letter to My Readers || #NationalLetterWritingMonth

Tuesday, April 5, 2016



My dear readers,

This is a letter to say, first of all, thank you for reading my blog.

I all too often question if I am a good writer, or if what I have to share is really worth sharing at all. It's a confidence issue, I know, and confidence is something that I sorely lack in so many areas of my life. But I always appreciate it so much when people tell me how much they enjoy reading my posts. It gives me a BOOST of confidence...and I am grateful for YOU!

I have to confess, I will spend a good chunk of time working on a new post...but then sometimes I will hover my mouse over the publish button, uncertain of whether or not I am brave enough to actually share. I think, This is stupid. No one is going to read this. Not worth it.

And then, yes, I proceed to delete my entire post.

But I have been learning and discovering lately that my heart MATTERS! What I have to say is from the Lord, and it MATTERS!  Choosing to share pieces of my heart, my life experience, my opinions and values, my interests...none of it is stupid...it is BEAUTIFUL!!

Now I can't say that this truth has penetrated quite yet. But God is working on me. I've had some high, thick walls up for quite some time, and I'm praying that God will give me the desire to break. them. down. It's been a difficult process, but I have taken a step by making the choice to no longer fear hitting the publish button.

And now, I want to encourage you...

I want to tell you that YOUR heart matters too!!

Please, don't ever be afraid to share who you are. God created you as YOU, and wired you in a certain way ON PURPOSE! And it truly is beautiful! Shake off the fear. Pursue your passions. Let your voice be heard! And above all, make the conscious decision to TRUST GOD to guide you. Let Him invade every space in your heart that you hide from the world...because, let's face it, you really can't hide anything from Him. Allow Him to heal your brokenness. Because apart from Him, you can do nothing.

It's such a scary thing to do! I can attest to that right now! It's been hard for me to even say, "Lord, just crack my heart open a little bit more. That's all." I can't even tell you how many things are going to come spilling out if I do! And you might feel the same way. But I'd like to think that it will be worth it. That God has a lot more to offer than anything we are afraid of!

Join me, and let's run to God together!

Again, thank you for reading my blog! And I hope you'll keep coming back!

1 comment :

  1. Such a sweet letter! A reminder that we all need daily I think! :)

    ReplyDelete