Hello, August | #MonthlyGold #Currently

Monday, August 8, 2016

So...I did surprisingly well in June! Ready to surprise myself even more in July...

Monthly Goal Linkup





Looking back at my June goals...

Blogging Goals

//one// Write a post AT LEAST one day a week. Aim for more, but don't beat myself up too much if it doesn't happen.  YEP! I did that! And in particular, I wrote a post that was a long time coming. A testimony of triumph that you can read RIGHT HERE!!

//two// Learn how to better manage my blogging social media accounts. Well, I kinda sorta made some progress. I still need to keep more on top of that, though. Still learning.

//three// Be active on the blogging Facebook groups I'm part of. Really get to know and befriend other bloggers. I'm gonna count this as a success! I've recently been put in contact with another blogger in my niche through a project called Solidarity Sisters. I'm excited to learn from her, and make a new friend who loves this writing thing as much as I do!


Personal Goals

//one// Clean up my room. I'm seriously embarrassed to say it. I've let my poor living space go for way too long without cleaning it. So much so, that it feels so overwhelming to just start...but I have to just start. I'm seriously proud of this! Not only did I clean my room {so shocking! I can actually MOVE around it!}, but I reorganized my entire walk-in closet, and even got rid of a few things! This shouldn't be such a big deal, but it was a huge undertaking for me, and I'm so happy it got done!

//two// Read one book. I just finished a book by Emily P. Freeman in June that I will write about in another entry, and I'm ready to start another one of hers this month. Unfortunately I just didn't get to it. I plan to this month though!

//three// Set a wedding date. Putting it off is only going to bring about more and more anxiety, and that's what we are trying to avoid throughout this wedding planning process. Oh it's set! It's set for August 5th, 2017!!!

//four// Start writing down my prayers. If only because I so struggle with articulating them out loud, or even in my mind. And also so that I can go back to look through them, remember, and see evidence of God's responses. I'm not sure why I didn't start doing that. I think this is the goal that I kinda forgot about. I'm gonna try again.

//five// Lose 5-7 pounds. Okay so this wasn't a total flop. I may not have lost 5-7 pounds...but I DID lose 4! And I'll take that!


Goals for August


Blogging Goals

//one// Write and publish 10 posts here. Yes. TEN.

//two// Fix all the glitches on my blog. They are numerous...I don't even know how to fix them. So I guess the goal is to ask someone who does know!

//three// Participate in at least 3 other link-ups. This is what helps grow a blog. 

Personal Goals

//one// Use my planner regularly. I officially have too many things going on to keep it all straight. Too many lists going, too many events to remember, too many tasks to complete. I have the nicest planner! I should be using it!

//two// Actually read the book I wanted to read last month.

//three// Reconnect with my cousins on a deeper level.

//four// Lose at least 3 more pounds.


and currently...


hearting. all things Anne of Green Gables at the moment! I've been watching the movies again to get inspiration for my wedding.

watching. Parenthood. Again :)) It's just so good! And since I've seen it, I can have it on in the background while I'm getting other things done. Like right now.

exploring. new blogs. Gaining new inspiration.

creating. choreography for Christmas performances...already! 

eating. meals that are on the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. I do intend to write more about THM at some point soon. I didn't even remember what it felt like to be healthy until I decided to start this plan. CLICK HERE! 



No comments :

Post a Comment