This World || #BehindTheBlogger

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"If I find myself with a desire nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
~ C.S. Lewis





It's been difficult to watch the world go by recently hasn't it?
So much darkness and hatred. 
Division is the enemy's ultimate goal...and he's getting exactly what he wants.

I try to stay out of the arguments and debates that float around Facebook on a DAILY BASIS. But then I kind of have to reevaluate the real reason why I keep my mouth shut. I'd like to think that it's just because I know that everyone has their own personal views, and that I'm just not the type of person to try and contradict what someone else believes. And yes that is true of me. But I think the real reason is that I just want to be liked by everyone. If I have an opposing view to someone else, I'm just afraid they'll think I am opposed to THEM...that I hate them...and then, in turn, that they will hate me.

My biggest fear my whole life has always been that I am unlovable. Why would I feed that? Why would I do something that would just increase that fear?

But, you know, it's not just me. This is what life has become.

A difference of opinion must be a sign of hatred.

But really, if people don't know me well enough to understand that my having a view that may differ from theirs does NOT mean that I dislike them...well...they don't know me at all. 

The division in this world is scary. Not just all the attacking through social media, but all of the attacks, and all of the death we've seen all over the news. From shootings to bombings, there is something else happening every day that is enough to scare all of us even more. But that's what I think drives the hatred...FEAR. But see, if you allow yourself to remove the hatred, you then have to deal with the fear. And that's painful. We continue to stuff down our pain, and allow it to feed our bitterness and the darkness within us grows. Pretty soon it just becomes a part of us.

I know that there is freedom from darkness. I wish EVERYONE knew! 
I wish everyone could take hold of the hope that, no matter how bad things get in our world, or how scary things are, we have HOPE! A hope that this world is not our home. A hope that this pain is not eternal. 

I have always struggled with figuring out my place in the world. I have asked the question, "Where do I belong," over and over. I felt the sting of abandonment so many times. I've questioned whether or not I am loved, even by members of my own family. I never felt like I fit into a particular "group" while I was growing up. And right now, in this time we are in, all I can think is, What can I do? I am just one person. And I've never done anything significant. How could I help? That's when I cry out to the Lord and exclaim of how painful this is for me to watch! And I just say, "Help me to love well! That is all I want. Just help me to love well...how YOU would love." And I decide that wherever He wants me, and whatever He wants me to do, that is what I will do. 

I leave you with a song. A song that brings me hope during these troubled times...

"All I know is I'm not home yet.
This is not where I belong.
Take this world and give me Jesus.
This is not where I belong."









#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button
 Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.  Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!

No comments :

Post a Comment